A fungus that is the solution to almost all your problems, it does exist!
by JiViSa Wellness on Dec 16, 2023
Keeda Jadi, also known as Caterpillar Fungus, is a special and highly valued fungus found in the mountainous region of the Himalayas, Tibetan Plateau, and other high-altitude areas in Asia.
This fungus shows up during late spring and early summer. Harvesting is quite difficult, it has to be done just right in a short time frame. Because it only happens in this season, there's not a lot of it, and that's why it's quite expensive, costing around 10-15 lakhs/kg.
It has been traditionally used in Chinese medicine for various health benefits. Here are some potential health benefits attributed to it:
- Traditionally caterpillar fungus was used in promoting energy and stamina. It is believed to support physical endurance and may be used by athletes or those seeking increased vitality.
- Like many fungi, caterpillar fungus is considered an adaptogen, which means it may help the body adapt to stress and maintain balance.
- While some studies suggest that caterpillar fungus could have properties that may help fight cancer, more research is necessary to confirm its effectiveness in preventing or treating cancer.
- It is even used to support respiratory health. It may help in conditions related to the lungs and respiratory system.
- Some studies suggest anti-inflammatory properties, which may contribute to managing inflammation-related conditions.
- It's believed to have immune-boosting powers, which means it might help the immune system work better. This could be helpful in protecting the body from infections and sickness.